We leave tomorrow morning for Heathsville VA, then Solomons MD and will arrive in Annapolis on Thursday the 23rd.
With the boys here we extended our Hampton stay to 10 days total to take in some of the many things here. We saw and did
- Mariners museum – the largest in the US,
- NASA Air and Space Museum with IMAX theatre,
- Jamestown Settlement,
- Fort Monroe – the largest old stone fort in the US,
- Chrysler Art Museum with its glass blowing works and the third largest collection of art glass in the US along with other art of all stripes
- a 5 hour fishing trip with instruction and practice for the kids and
- Virginia War Museum.
We didn’t have time to get to Colonial Williamsburg, the Battleship Wisconsin and several other museums and historical homes in the immediate area. As nice as some of those trips were it could feel “really comfortable to sit down after all that standing”. I thought I was feeling my age until Ethan said those very words. Maybe it’s not just old age coming on, at least yet.
Now we will all have 3 travel days on the boat on the way to Annapolis and several days there before they leave on the 26th. West Point was great to visit, and we’re thinking the academy at Annapolis will be no less so.